Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Fun

I just love Halloween, but it is hard to celebrate it when you are working with different childcare centers who do not celebrate the holiday. However, I still displayed some Halloween books along with books about autumn. Anyway...I get excited over Halloween and I was sure I would need to create a felt activity for a storytime. I love the holiday so much, I even dressed up my storytime turtle, Thomas, as a pirate. (Arrrrrr!!!) He is a very bashful creature!



I wanted to do something with bats to work well with  my Night Winged Creatures and Halloween stortyime.

This is my bat felt prop that was used on a glove. It also can be used on a felt board. I used the "Bats are Sleeping" fingerplay with this creation.




Books I used for storytime.

Baby Bat’s Lullaby by Jacquelyn Mitchard
Bat Jamboree by Kathy Appelt
There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat by Lucille Colandro
Stellaluna by Janell Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment